[Xmca-l] Culture, nature, and children

Goncu, Artin goncu@uic.edu
Mon Feb 3 19:37:39 PST 2014

Dear All:

I am writing to inquire if anybody knows of work that focuses on cultural
differences in attributions of value/prejudice to different aspects of
nature (e.g., owls bring bad luck).  I am especially interested in
research that looks at how such values are communicated to children either
at home and in the community or in certain institutions such as schools,
museums, etc.  If you have anything to offer, please let me know off the
net.

Thank you very much, ag

Artin Goncu, Ph.D
Co-editor, Mind, Culture, and Activity:An International Journal
Professor Emeritus,
University of Illinois at Chicago
College of Education M/C 147
1040 W. Harrison St.