[Xmca-l] In case you are listening to the virtue of the ignorant

Annalisa Aguilar annalisa@unm.edu
Sun Dec 28 12:05:04 PST 2014

Hello all!

Of course virtue doesn't make a sound, nor does it speak, but I figured the subject line might grab your attention. If so, then... voilá!

I found this very short article on Farnam Street about Einstein that may interest xmca folks:

http://www.farnamstreetblog.com/2014/12/albert-einstein-simplicity/

by S. Parrish  12/17/14

What I like about the article is the necessity for Einstein to examine much variety in order to learn to discern what was possible to discard and what was important to regard.

I disagree more than a little with Charles Munger, because one man's folly is another man's gold. Or woman, as the case may be...

Kind regards,

Annalisa

P.S. As my year-end gift to the list I offer a link to Duke Ellington's Sugar Rum Cherry, so... merry merry merry clinks to overlaps and gaps! :)

http://grooveshark.com/#!/s/Sugar+Rum+Cherry+Dance+Of+The+Sugar+Plum+Fairy/2SSUsJ?src=5

Enjoy the Plum!?