[Xmca-l] Re: Not too long and not too short

Vera John-Steiner vygotsky@unm.edu
Tue Dec 23 09:59:37 PST 2014

Annalisa,

I think Mike expressed his appreciation for your efforts with the comment on the newcomers page.I don't think that indicates a desire to
get you off the list. The gallery is a lovely idea, but I think conversations are more realistic. Most people write their messages very quickly.
Keep up your good work.
Love,
Vera

-----Original Message-----
From: xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu [mailto:xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu] On Behalf Of mike cole
Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2014 10:39 AM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Not too long and not too short

​Seems like matters of message length will be regulated by conventions established by those who post, don't post, delete, read, ignore or participate. My "too long" comment was not original with me. It was made earlier and i (mistakenly) thought had been accepted as conventional.
Clearly wrong! The too short came because I was feeling badly by a too-short message I had sent earlier and was totally confused by a message that was too short for me to know the reference and it turned out to be a response that pertained to something I had written (or at least I think so).

Seems like no cure. But I have my handy delete key at the ready, along with a key inscribed with a ?  :-)

Rob-- I believe we are past the "its broken, fix it" discussion into the "its fine but it could be even finer" phase. By my reckoning, the incremental changes that have been undertaken lately, such as Annalisa's suggestion for a newcomers page, and the (I think!) agreement to try to keep threads as continuous as possible have been productive. At least I find navigation easier and appreciate explicit cross referencing such as David's discussion of imagination in the math in russia thread.

In short

Whatever!
mike

--
It is the dilemma of psychology to deal with a natural science with an object that creates history. Ernst Boesch.