[Xmca-l] Re: Not too long and not too short

Carol Macdonald carolmacdon@gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 21:30:12 PST 2014

Hi

Naturally there is meaning making - what else could we be doing?  I think
we should seriously consider Andy'a alternatives.  It offers us forms of
discourse which have different rules for being.

My take would be a symposium: we have short turns to present our positions,
and then people have a chance to ask questions.  This is always respectful
(that is, at conferences it is).  We could take turns to be the
co-ordinator.  I realise this might be too much for us at times, as we have
busy professional lives.

If that is too demanding, then an after dinner conversation in the Senior
Common-room. People having a quiet chat, in good spirit. Elders helping
newer members.

But then no loooooong pieces and no flippant remarks either - in the way
that Mike would prefer.

Can we discuss this early in the New Year? Right now we are busy being
distracted by the holidays.  We can come back to it afresh in the New Year.

*Compliments of the Season to all XMCA-ers!!*

Kind regards

Carol

--
Carol A  Macdonald Ph D (Edin)