[Xmca-l] Re: Metaphors / Speaking of AAE

Annalisa Aguilar annalisa@unm.edu
Mon Dec 22 09:12:22 PST 2014

See, now there is something blowing in the wind because I got this link (below) in my email box just now.

This particular post is intended to deepen, not segue this conversation, to remind us how layered everything is, how many overlaps there are. I think Greg is right, intentions do matter.

First layer:
http://aeon.co/magazine/culture/sam-cookes-civil-rights-song-and-heartbreak
An Aeon article on Sam Cooke's A Change Is Gonna Come by Manjula Martin

And then, the second layer:
http://grooveshark.com/#!/s/A+Change+Is+Gonna+Come/4vA2d9?src=5
Where you can listen to the song itself, even while reading the article.

In the spirit (and hope) of transformation I thought, there _IS_ a connection to Scientific Concepts: the Everyday, and the Personal, and the Public and the Voice and the Protest and Our Education and how They All Link Together.

Thanks for letting me share!

Kind regards,

Annalisa