[Xmca-l] FW: Re: Chomsky, Vygotsky, and phenomenology

Aria Razfar arazfar@uic.edu
Wed Dec 17 16:59:13 PST 2014

Hi Martin,

See below. He finds Vygotsky's work "quite interesting." Let's see if he
elaborates. I find his persepctive on the "Linguistic Wars" also
interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linguistics_Wars

Aria

-----Original Message-----
From: Noam Chomsky [mailto:chomsky@mit.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2014 6:09 PM
To: Aria Razfar
Subject: RE: [Xmca-l] Re: Chomsky, Vygotsky, and phenomenology

The "linguistic wars" are largely an invention of overheated imaginations of
those who thought they were fighting them.  If you check the record you'll
discover that I barely participated, and didn't consider them any different
from interchanges within what's claimed to be "my side" of the non-existent
wars.

Vygotsky did quite interesting work.