[Xmca-l] Re: Chomsky, Vygotsky, and phenomenology

Dr. Paul C. Mocombe pmocombe@mocombeian.com
Wed Dec 17 08:20:54 PST 2014

Thanks mike...

Dr. Paul C. Mocombe
President
The Mocombeian Foundation, Inc.
www.mocombeian.com
www.readingroomcurriculum.com
www.paulcmocombe.info

Attached is a paper by ANL and ARL on Fodor. Relevant to the chomsky/LSV
discussion​

There is material on this subject aplenty on the topic at lchc.ucsd.edu  if
you google chomsky vygotsky luria leontiev as key words.

IN GENERAL, a quick search of xmca through the lchc google search is a
quick way to learn about prior discussions of current topics.

mike

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 6:36 AM, Carol Macdonald <carolmacdon@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Do you think Chomsky knows he is? Howard Gardner is a very generous fellow.
>
> On 17 December 2014 at 16:28, Martin John Packer <mpacker@uniandes.edu.co>
> wrote:
> >
> > oh, I just read your second paragraph...
> >
> > Howard Gardner lists Noam Chomsky as one of the "founders of cognitive
> > science," along with Jerome Bruner, John McCarthy, George Miller, and
> Allen
> > Newell (1985, p. 23).
> >
> > Gardner, H. (1985). The mind's new science: A history of the cognitive
> > revolution. New York: Basic Books.
> >
> > Martin
> >
> > On Dec 17, 2014, at 8:54 AM, Carol Macdonald <carolmacdon@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Well yes, and as linguistic and psychology student I was very proud of
> > him
> > > for his review, it made me laugh and laugh.  But Chomsky never read
> > Piaget
> > > or Vygotsky.  He would have been interested in Vygotsky's
> interpretation
> > of
> > > Behaviousrism.
> > >
> > > As to cognitive psychology - well I suppose we should be pleased, but
> > > Chomsky had no direct hand in that.
> > >
> > > Carol.
> > >
> > > On 17 December 2014 at 14:49, Martin John Packer <
> > mpacker@uniandes.edu.co>

> B.
> interesting
> > key
> > as

> > > --
> > > Carol A  Macdonald Ph D (Edin)
> > > Developmental psycholinguist
> > > Academic, Researcher,  and Editor
> > > Honorary Research Fellow: Department of Linguistics, Unisa
> >

> --
> Carol A  Macdonald Ph D (Edin)
> Developmental psycholinguist
> Academic, Researcher,  and Editor
> Honorary Research Fellow: Department of Linguistics, Unisa

--
It is the dilemma of psychology to deal with a natural science with an
object that creates history. Ernst Boesch.