[Xmca-l] Re: Imagination

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Tue Dec 16 16:58:56 PST 2014

Well, Francine, there are no precedents regarding curatorship since this
would be the first of its kind. And you need no introduction as a long time
participant in xmca meanderings. Hopefully your example will encourage
others with similar expertise to offer their time.

I attach the paper you sent me back in 2010. "A reconstruction of
Vygotsky;s theory of creativity." Along with Ribot all of xmca and I get to
read and discuss it now.

The question of the relation of imagination and creativity has to come up
more explicitly as the conversation progresses but I have, because my
starting point is around micro-analysis of perception of stabilized images
and Suvorov's intuitive characterization of voobrazhenie as "rising off of
the world and returning to it again" I have not dared to cross the fuzzy
zone into creativity. If you feel they must be discussed together, the
thread/theme could be changed to Imagination and Creativity, but i fear all
hell might break loose when our varied common sense intuitions of the
meanings of these words clash with our imperfect understandings of their
usages in theoretical discourse. Your call. :-)

Great that you can engage this way!!!
mike