[Xmca-l] Re: Imagination

HENRY SHONERD hshonerd@gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 16:41:56 PST 2014

For Francine via Larry,

Dear Professor Smolucha,
I didn’t notice your name until after I sent an email extolling Larry for published work that I realize you and your husband co-authored. You must be one of those creative married couples (like the Pasteurs) that my mentor Vera John-Steiner writes about in her book, Creative Collaboration. In another paper of Vera, Road to Competence in an Alien Land—all about L2 acquisition--translators and interpreters represent la creme of L2 learners. I wouldn’t know, because I don’t know Russian, but I understand Vygotsky is devilishly hard, and not just because he’s Russian. So glad you are back in the chat! I’m a newbie. And I am so grateful to Mike for his initiative in getting your publications out. Couldn’t be better timed IMHO, given the tide of the current chat.

I will be in Europe this summer. Where are you presenting your paper?

With respect,
Henry Shonerd