[Xmca-l] Re: Genetics, internalization, biology, and Vygotsky

Dr. Paul C. Mocombe pmocombe@mocombeian.com
Tue Dec 16 07:50:46 PST 2014

Carol, as you watch the video, please keep in mind in haiti there is no pc...

Watch "LE POINT Daniel Supplice 15 Decembre 2014.metropo…" on YouTube
LE POINT Daniel Supplice 15 Decembre 2014.metropo…: http://youtu.be/Q3m80-JUmNA

Dr. Paul C. Mocombe
President
The Mocombeian Foundation, Inc.
www.mocombeian.com
www.readingroomcurriculum.com
www.paulcmocombe.info

I am truli horrified.  I know Haitian people were not subject to the force
of Christian evangelism in the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries, and therefore
their relationship to their traditional of culture and worship are more
visible than in other situations.

But I really feel that you can't tar the whole of Africa with the same
brush.  I am an African, and know a great deal about the peoples of
Southern Africa, and really what you are suggesting makes no sense at all.

The closest I might come is to talk about the ZCC, the Zionist Church,
which combines elements of traditional beliefs and practices with Christian
elements.  What counts as occult here is the belief that ancestors can help
or hinder as while we live; we have to pay homage to them.

Humanity is profoundly important - acceptance and inclusion of people - an
acceptance of differences as well as wanting not to stand our.

I am sorry but I just get get my head around what Paul is saying. I have to
say this sounds suspicious. I cannot see how I could contribute in any
other way to this discussion.

I really don't think I need melatonin to be African.

Carol

--
Carol A  Macdonald Ph D (Edin)
Developmental psycholinguist