[Xmca-l] Re: Changing Practices at XMCA

Greg Mcverry jgregmcverry@gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 06:47:45 PST 2014

The problem is (any many of my professional organizations) these listserves
work.

Yet all of the naming conventions folks are suggesting, the addition of
newcomer pages, the CHAT wiki, sounds like XMCA outgrew the affordances of
listserves quite some time ago....yet it works so well.

I just completed (well parts of) connectedcourses.net and they used a
wordpress site (which would be for the newcomer page and the wiki) and rss
feed (we should encourage longer posts on our own publishing platform) and
discourse ( a stackable email like discussion board that will push to
social media or email).

It might be an interesting model to examine. I especially like the idea of
encouraging the longer form writing to happen on personal blogs and then
everyone pushing their content into the different XMCA channels.