[Xmca-l] Re: Sociocritical Literacies and more context

Kris Gutierrez gutierkd@gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 11:42:33 PST 2014

Luisa, thanks.  I have always been a lurker on XMCA but can never keep with all the discussions.    I’m hoping the discussions will get us into the questions you raise and I’m happy to post references and pdfs too (e.g., Tejeda’s decolonizing and Espinoza’s article on Educational Sanctuaries).  Espinoza’s social dreaming is discussed in the RRQ article and I’ll look to see where else he might have written about it.  I don’t know when the syncretic piece will be out but will check.  Thanks for your interest.

In particular, I hope we can also discuss the ways the social imagination (embodied and realized through Boal's teatro del oprimido, historicizing pedagogies, and syncretic texts, etc.) were central to the  ubiquitous "future oriented" organization of the activities that Mike points out—that is, the process of becoming historical actors.

Kris

Kris Gutierrez
gutierkd@gmail.com

Kris D. Gutiérrez