[Xmca-l] Re: Reading for Novices

Larry Purss lpscholar2@gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 22:17:25 PST 2014

Annalisa,
A *general* book  "The Sociocultural Turn in Psychology" by Jack Martin and
Suzanne Kirschner explores five sociocultural "approaches".
I] Discursive approaches
2] constructionist approaches
3] Hermeneutical approaches
4] Dialogical approaches
5] Neo-Vygotskian approaches

In the fifth section there iare two articles. The first by  by Anna
Stetsenko and Igor Arievitch: "Cultural-Historical Activity Theory:
Foundational Worldview, Major Principles, and the Relevance of
Sociocultural Context"   The second article is written by Mike Cole and
Natalia Gajdamashko: Vygotsky and Context: Toward a Resolution"

If you google this book it will lead you to the publisher - Columbia
University Press - where you can download an excerpt which is the
introductory chapter by Jack Martin and Suzanne Kirschner:: "The
Sociocultural Turn in Psychology: An Introduction and an Invitation".
This chapter is a clear introduction to the topics covered by the book

This book is an excellent orientation to scholars who have taken a "full
turn" toward constitutive sociocultural psychology.
3]