[Xmca-l] Re: The meaning of affordances

Glassman, Michael glassman.13@osu.edu
Tue Dec 2 12:34:49 PST 2014

Dana,

You almost took the words straight off my keyboard.  What is the relationship between design, agency and object in the concept of artifact.

Michael
From: xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu [xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu] on behalf of Walker, Dana [Dana.Walker@unco.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2014 3:08 PM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: The meaning of affordances

And yet the plank did have a prior design, but a human being rejected that design intent (to be used for building a structure) in favor of another form of use (with its own  history). I've wondered  about the relationship between artifact, intended design, improvisation, and human agency

Sent from my iPhone