[Xmca-l] Re: How *basic* are images?

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Mon Dec 1 21:39:15 PST 2014

The histories of dcog and chat are intertwined, Annalisa. And,
co-incidently, Don Norman discovered affordances and cognitive artifacts
right about that time at UCSD.  If it were possible to find a source that
makes these connections visible and available to read about it might be a
step in the direction of your earlier suggestion of some sort of intro for
newcomers to the discussion.

I have been reading The paper that Paul sent. I fear I need a newcomer's
introduction to many of the dense cluster of thinkers he is seeking to sort
out! The centrality of class comes through clearly, but I am insuficiently
read in too many places to feel I understand well. Help wanted!

A sculptor friend has a t shirt that nails our dilemma "so many rocks, so
little time"!

Mike

--
It is the dilemma of psychology to deal with a natural science with an
object that creates history. Ernst Boesch.