[Xmca-l] Re: History(ies) of this discourse community and futures past

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Mon Dec 1 12:22:21 PST 2014

Hi Helena--

There are a couple of fuller discussions of the funding shenanigans that
began in the Reagan era on the lchc web site. The Carnegie report is the
first item on the history/archive page. The actual events were rawer than
we put in print at the time, and the report is almost certainly more than
most people want to read, but you can see how things looked from where LCHC
stood in 1984.

The general topic of funding in relationship to reigning ideologies is
certainly worth the attention of people on this list.

Last I heard, Eva was busy weaving in Sweden.
mike

--
It is the dilemma of psychology to deal with a natural science with an
object that creates history. Ernst Boesch.