[Xmca-l] Re: (no subject)

Annalisa Aguilar annalisa@unm.edu
Mon Dec 1 12:13:17 PST 2014

Dear Paul!

Perfect timing!

Thank you for making your paper available. I look forward to this READING!

I hope there will be good and kindly discussion about it.

I'd like to post this poem from John Donne, as excerpted by Hemingway, which seems apropos?

No man is an island,
Entire of itself.
Each is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thine own
Or of thine friend's were.
Each man's death diminishes me,
For I am involved in mankind.
Therefore, send not to know
For whom the bell tolls,
It tolls for thee.

I post this here for a particular reason: The easy read is that we are all connected to one another (possibly through metaphor). However, the more subtle reading, which I intend, has to do with the present moment This Moment and how The World will present itself to us at any given time, and when it does, the meaning that we give to these presentations, as they present themselves to us in the instant that they present themselves to us.

In that vein of thought, I find Paul's paper a True Gift, and though he did not give it directly to me, I accept it that way.

Kind regards,

Annalisa