[Xmca-l] Re: a new Ph.D. program at UC San Diego with a focus on Transforming Education in a Diverse Society

mike cole lchcmike@gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 08:56:14 PDT 2014

Hello Rohini--

Jim can answer more definitively concerning the new grad program. In
general, non-citizens are welcome in our graduate programs but the fee
structure works heavily against them. Even for native Californians, higher
education has become expensive, but for not residents, and then
non-citizens it is very expensive. As a rule, sadly, money speaks with a
louder voice than talent in many cases.

Concerning Vygotsky and discourse analysis. It is not clear to me what
precisely you have been writing about and how, but why not send it around
to xmca to see what you can learn from the extensive expertise on the list?
mike