[Xmca-l] Re: a new Ph.D. program at UC San Diego with a focus on Transforming Education in a Diverse Society

mike cole lchcmike@gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 17:58:58 PDT 2014

Hi Henry--  As you will see from the attachment that Jim sent around that
the developing education department here at UCSD is really interesting and
should be of interest to a lot of MCA members.

On the issue of Langackerr and Vygotsky, it would be great to see the
articles you are referring to. His work along the with the work of Giles
Faulconier are clearly relevant to people who are interested in Vygotsky's
ideas and those of related scholars such as Halliday, all coming from
different national traditions.

Nice idea for a review article in MCA.
But more proximaly, what should we be reading?
mike