[Xmca-l] Re: The ideal head

Martin John Packer mpacker@uniandes.edu.co
Sun Aug 10 16:52:40 PDT 2014

Did I drop the thread of this topic? Or did things get resolved? I looked to see if I might send some writing I've been working on that summarizes LSV's account of stages, but it's way too rough.

Martin

On Aug 10, 2014, at 6:38 PM, Huw Lloyd <huw.softdesigns@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 30 July 2014 18:30, Greg Thompson <greg.a.thompson@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Martin,
>> Vygotsky's Problem of Age is a difficult essay. I wonder if you could say a
>> bit more about the crisis at 6 (7,8?) years and the one at 12 years? The
>> others are fairly self explanatory but those two are a bit more
>> complicated. Among other things, it isn't clear what is different about the
>> crisis at 2.5 and the crisis at 6.
>> -greg
>>

> Greg
>
> See Leontyev's paper, The Theory of the Development of the Child's Psyche
> in The Development of Mind: Selected Works of A. N. Leontyev (pp. 361-362)
>
> https://www.marxists.org/archive/leontev/works/development-mind.pdf
>
> Best,
> Huw
>

>> On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 6:44 AM, Martin John Packer <
>> mpacker@uniandes.edu.co
>>> wrote:
>>
>>> Though in other texts he wrote of adolescence as such a time of crisis
>>> that the whole stage should be considered a transition. In the lectures
>> on
>>> child development Vygotsky describes the following crises:
>>>
>>> Birth: the child is differentiated physically
>>> 1 year: the child is differentiated biologically
>>> 2.5 years: the child is differentiated psychologically
>>> 6 years: inside & outside of self are differentiated