[Xmca-l] Re: And an awesome autistic artistic savant

greg.a.thompson@gmail.com greg.a.thompson@gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 08:16:44 PDT 2014

Yes David, the documentary for me thinking about vygotskys writings on eidetic memory. I remember coming across it in a chapter on adolescence in vygotskys collected works, but I had a difficult time making head or tail of it since I had been introduced to Vygotsky as a champion of the critical importance of language for thought. Maybe you can help me understand better about what Vygotsky was talking about with this idea of the importance of eidetic memory in adolescence?
Is language involved at all in this development, or, like Wiltshire, is language an impediment to eidetic memory (while at the same time being a boon to other forms of memory, not to mention the social communicative boon).
Greg

Sent from my iPhone