[Xmca-l] Re: Intrinsic motivation?

Greg Thompson greg.a.thompson@gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 21:09:05 PDT 2014

Michael,
I love the example you offer of kids engaging in all sorts of shenanigans.
This gives a concreteness to the ideas being discussed here.
I wonder we might be able to merge that concreteness with the abstractness
that is happening elsewhere on this thread?
Can someone render an example like Michael's in Leontiev-ian terms?
That would help me get a better handle on what these abstract notions of
"activity" and object-motives are as well as how to deploy non-dualistic
language to describe what is happening in some actual instance of
"activity."
Any concrete examples would be appreciated. I suspect that both Maria and
Andrew probably have some very good concrete examples from each of their
researches. I'm very curious to hear more...?

-greg