[Xmca-l] Re: Psychology of Language

Huw Lloyd huw.softdesigns@gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 09:58:15 PDT 2014

I am puzzled and curious about what constitutes an undergraduate text for a
rich, involving and open-ended subject.

Are you starting from the subject first, and then working out how to
deliver it in bite size examinable chunks (if these constraints apply), and
how are you (considering) dealing with the open-endedness of the topics...?

Is the major issue about accessibility of content?  What about compliance
with other concepts and procedures in the course...?

How about taking one interesting text and critiquing it (in a structured
way)?  E.g. how blind-deaf people learn to language (Meshcheryakov), or
changes in language due to culture (Luria), or more about language itself
and its cultural aspects.

Perhaps the text, itself, would benefit from being quite small so students
can go and look up the references.  1st (or 2nd) hand  material is a good
choice!

Hope this helps...
Huw