[Xmca-l] Re: decision-making

Peter Smagorinsky smago@uga.edu
Thu Apr 3 04:11:25 PDT 2014

http://www.jstor.org/discover/10.2307/3003887?uid=3739616&uid=2&uid=4&uid=3739256&sid=21103598292451

You can read it online if you register with jstor.

-----Original Message-----
From: xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu [mailto:xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu] On Behalf Of Donna Kotsopoulos
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2014 6:51 AM
To: CultureActivity eXtended Mind; ablunden@mira.net
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: decision-making

I think this is the article that Colin referred to:

Ganz, M. (2000). Resources and Resourcefulness: Strategic Capacity in the Unionization of California Agriculture, 1959-1966. American Journal of Sociology,  105(4), 1003-1062.

I don't have a copy but I did have the reference!

d.

Donna Kotsopoulos, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Faculty of Education & Faculty of Science, Department of Mathematics Wilfrid Laurier University
75 University Avenue West, BA313K
Waterloo, Ontario, N2L 3C5
(519) 884-0710 x 3953
www.wlu.ca/education/dkotsopoulos
www.wlu.ca/mathbrains

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail and any file(s) transmitted with it, is intended for the exclusive use by the person(s) mentioned above as recipient(s). Any unauthorized distribution, copying or other use is strictly prohibited.
>>> On 4/3/2014 at 6:01 AM, in message <43D64DEFED150742AAEBE9D668275880DD4D17B9@exmb2>, C Barker <C.Barker@mmu.ac.uk> wrote:

It's not strictly 'psychological', but I think you would enjoy a piece by Marshall Ganz in American Journal of Sociology year 2000 (sorry, I don't have the precise reference to hand) - on decision-making in the Farmworkers Union in California. It includes a brilliant description of a surprising decision being made.

Colin Barker